This weekend I decided to “wing it” and make my own bread. I had a basic formula to follow but changed out the flours for White whole wheat and Rye.
I also decided to double the recipe to make four loaves. I accidentally quadrupled the amount of wheat and and rye, and as a result I had to add another 430 grams of water, and then another 50 grams of my sourdough levain. Basically, this left me with enough dough to make a fifth loaf, which I wound up making into two.
Here is the dough after the bulk rise:
Here is the dough preshaped:
I let them “proof” in my baskets:
The plan was to put them in the fridge overnight and then bake. But my fridge was not big enough to fit them all.
So, I baked two of them 2 hours later:
I gave them away to my inlaws, and one of them sent me a picture of it cut. She said it was delicious.
The following morning, 11 hours later, I baked anther two loaves:
I gave one to a neighbor. And then I baked the final two loaves at 6pm.
this leaves me with some extra bread which I will freeze.